Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change. – James 1:17 ESV
Before I go back to Manila, I just want to take this moment while waiting for boarding to list the things I am thanking the Lord for during this vacation. Indeed, all the good and perfect gifts come from Him.
1. Fair weather. I have been praying for fair weather two weeks before this vacation and thankfully, we had just the right amount of sun, with mostly cloudy weather. (It was even my prayer request in our V Group.)
2. Good aircraft condition. Prior to our flight, we had been notified several times by the aircraft carrier that our departure flight going to Davao was rescheduled. Although our departure flight was delayed, thankfully it was because of the aircraft prepositioning at the hangar and not because of anything wrong with the aircraft condition.
3. Clean and safe accommodation. Staying at a penthouse is a very memorable experience because I don’t always get to stay in a penthouse.
4. Complete rest. Going on this vacation was very restful. I got the chance to get away from all the stresses that a life of being a young professional brings and enjoy the beauty of the Lord’s creation. Nightly group devotion with friends also brought rest to my soul and spirit. Our one day staycation at Samal Island also helped me relax physically as I enjoyed swimming both at the pool and at the beach.
5. Water tubing adventure. IT WAS GREAT! 😀 Apparently, it was the highlight of my vacation. It was a new experience I was excited to try. It involves riding inside a tube (like a big lifesaver) and being swept by the rapids of the river. We had water tubing at Talomo River, facilitated by Layak Outdoorshop (www.facebook.com/teamlayakpaanod). It was an adventure I would definitely try again in the future. 🙂
6. Nature reforestation. We went to Eden Adventure Park and I am amazed at the reforestation efforts of the owners of the estate. They planted trees, flowers, fruits, vegetables and spices using organic method of planting. I believe their efforts are helping the environment recover from exploitation.
7. Financial provision. This vacation would not have been possible if the Lord did not provide for me financially. For that, I am so much grateful.
8. Great friends. I am thankful to the Lord for the lives of my friends who are truly gifts from Him. My life has been so much more blessed because of them. 🙂